понедельник, 13 сентября 2010 г.

Installing Fonts for Photoshop Only



Here is a great tip from Matthew Feist, originally posted in the graphics software discussion forum:
I read your article on fonts Sue and was very impressed, but after 3 hours of tearing my hair out, I have finally solved my question asked earlier. This might even be worthy of a TIP of the day for this forum. Anyway, I asked earlier how to install the fonts so Windows would not see them but Photoshop 5.5 would. After searching through that wonderful document we all take for granted but never follow instructions from or bother to read, (yes, thats right, the README.txt file), I was overjoyed to find that you can install your fonts that you don't want windows to see over to this location:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts


The good thing about it is that you can keep your font collection to above 1000 like I am, and not have to sacrifice preformance by installing them into the Windows FONTS directory. The only bad thing is that Photoshop takes longer to load. Oh well.

Комментариев нет: