среда, 2 сентября 2009 г.

Custom Control Development: Simple code guidelines

Great custom control development is a skill that takes more than time and experience to perfect. It’s also not a widely documented practice. When it comes to Silverlight controls, there are similarities and differences from WPF custom control development, too – so that chapter on controls in your favorite WPF book often is not directly applicable.
While working with teams throughout Microsoft, and trolling Silverlight forums on Silverlight.net and StackOverflow, I’ve come across a few situations where I’ve wanted to share some guidelines for custom control development. Over the next few posts, I’d like to occasionally share my thoughts on this topic, and whatever tips seem pertinent at the time of posting.
I do admit that there’s a lot of flexibility in control development, so I’ll be basing a lot of my tips on both official and unofficial practices on the Silverlight Toolkit team. And I understand if you don’t agree with everything I have to say. But I do hope this information will be useful!

Комментариев нет: